I am a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) with prescriptive authority practicing in Vancouver, Washington. Another title is ARNP, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner. I am also licensed in Oregon. PMHNP’s or ARNP’s are advanced practice nurses with graduate training in evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders.
My practice is focused on psychiatric medication management and supportive therapy. I see children as young as 5 years old as well as adults up to the age of 65.
I work with a variety of individuals, some of whom are dealing with Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Bipolar Disorder, ADHD, Autism and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
I believe that psychiatric medications are most effective when used in conjunction with counseling. I encourage, but don’t require, clients to be actively engaged in therapy, and I will make every effort to coordinate care with your therapist. There are also many supplements that can be beneficial and encourage us to have conversations regarding these.
I am board certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. I have a Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from Washington State University. I also have a postmaster’s degree from Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU). I have over 20 years experience in treating drug and alcohol concerns as well as inpatient psychiatry.
I have spent the past 17 years helping children, teens and adults manage their psychiatric medications in a private mental health practice in Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, WA.
I provide medication management and supportive therapy.
I help treat depression, anxiety, OCD, Bipolar Disorder, ADHD, Autism, and PTSD.
I treat patients 5 to 65 years old.
Tuesday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
If you would like to pay your bill, please click the button at the top of this page. Make sure to specify the name of the patient you are paying for.
For any billing questions, please contact Debra at Northwest Billing and Bookkeeping: 360-687-7802.
- Providence Preferred panel
- First Choice Health panel
- Managed Health Northwest (not the network)
- Molina/Medicaid (only for kids, not accepting Marketplace)
Brown, Thomas. E. “Executive Functions – Describing 6 Aspects of a Complex Syndrome.” Attention Magazine, February 2008, pgs. 12 – 17.
Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9)
The Bipolar Spectrum Diagnostic Scale
Bipolar Mood Disorder Questionnaire
ASQ Suicide Risk Screening Tool
Adolescent Depression Screening (PHQ-A)
My personal website: www.CarlaCrockford.com
Washington State mental health crisis hotlines
- Drug treatment programs in Washington
- Drug treatment programs in Oregon
- ADAPT Behavioral Health Program, Vancouver, WA
- Hazelden Addiction Treatment Center, multiple locations
- DePaul Treatment Centers, Portland and Hillsboro, OR
- Northwest Resources, Olympia, WA
- Sundown Ranch, Yakima, WA
- Serenity Lane, Vancouver, WA
- Rainier Springs, Vancouver, WA
- NAMI – Southwest WA, Vancouver, WA
- Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Program, Vancouver, WA
- Monte Nido Eating Disorder Center of Portland, OR
- Intensive Outpatient Program with Sheela Choppala-Nestor at Associates for Psychiatric and Mental Health, Vancouver, WA
- Community Services Northwest, Vancouver and Battle Ground, WA
- Recovery Village, Ridgefield, WA
- Lifeline Connections, Vancouver, WA
- PeaceHealth SW Emergency Department, Vancouver, WA – (360) 514-2000
- Legacy Salmon Creek Emergency Department, Vancouver, WA – (360) 487-1000